2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, June 18, 2011

REVIEW for A Conflict of Interest

Thank you goes out to FSB Associates for sending me this book.

TITLE:                      A Conflict of Interest

AUTHOR:                 Adam Mitzner

GENRE:                    Thriller

RATING:                  4 Stars

What first atrracted me to this book is the cover - yep, I am one of those people who does judge a book partly on its cover and I loved, loved, this one.

Fortunately, the storyline was just as great and I found myself coompletely engrossed in A Conflict of Interest.

Alex, the main character was a very interesting one to me. A lawyer, with a great reputation, a loving wife and a daughter he adores. Yet, something is missing and, while at his father's funeral, he meets an "old family" friend who asks for his help.

This is where the storyline really starts moving as we are privy to the petty (and not so petty) details of what can easily happen in the legal world and, in particular, when it comes to the dark little secrets of the corporate world.

Of course, throughout the entire storyline, I could always feel Alex's strengths, but also his weaknesses as he finds himself immersed in a situation that is quickly growing beyond his capacity. Is he living the truth or a lie?

The writing is fast paced, the characters are likeable but flawed and the attention to detail are obvious.

Loved this legal thriller.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I think we're all attracted to covers. I love fast paced books!

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

I'm completely addicted to covers! It's why I buy the book and then the ebook...


Legal Thrillers are not really on my tbr list, but I really want to explore more. Great review!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges