2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

REVIEW for Dollars & Uncommon Sense

Thank you to the Cadence Group for sending me a copy of this book.

TITLE:         Dollars & Uncommon Sense

AUTHOR:     Steve Repak

GENRE:        Finance

RATING;      4 Stars

Dollars & Uncommon Sense was a good read, but a scary one!  Why?  Because the entire tone of the book basically makes you feel as though you are in some kind of financial boot camp and can't get out.  This actually, for someone like me, is perfect.  Without even looking at the author's pedrigree or even the cover of the book, I would have been able to tell you that the author had some kind of army training.

This book is all about taking no prisoners and it's all about saving, saving and saving.
What I really liked about this book is that it makes you feel hopeful - that you can save regardless of when you started doing it.  Some of the figures are kind of depressing, but the author makes some excellent points - starting with - pay yourself, pay yourself and pay yourself.

Writing is nononsense and the terms are easy to understand.  There is some information that I found more pertinent for my own life, but that's normal when reading this type of book.
Overall, I liked this book even if i absolutely HATED the cover.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges