2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, June 9, 2012

COMING HOME FROM NEW YORK AND DAY 1 of my trip

Well, my magical trip to New York City, the one that I have been thinking about for a whole year is now at an end.  In fact, I am actually writing this blog in the dining car of the Amtrak train, somewhere in Yonkers on the trip home.


I have mixed feelings about coming home as I loved, loved my trip to NYC and I love that city and, of course, BEA.  Had a wonderful time, met some great people and walked approximately 50 miles in all over the course of the week..


Since my trip was 7 days (felt like 1 day) I thought I would do one blog post to equal 1 day


Since this time last Saturday, I was arriving, I thought I would blog about my first day in NYC - arriving Saturday, June 2, 2012.


Please check back every day as I have some terrific pictures to share with you and a ton of great new book titles:


SATURDAY, JUNE 2, 2012



I arrived in NYC after a difficult flight.  We hit quite a few air pockets - fortunately, flying doesn't really bother me so apart from a few moments of feeling a little air sick, I was fine and of course, the plane landed FINALLY!


I took the transport from Newark to my hotel which was a piece of cake.  Got the room I wanted at this hotel (which I had stayed at before) and was ready to hit the streets.  Walked and walked..


First stop - of course was The HousingWorks bookstore which turned out to be a bust as they were closed for an event (I was disappointed) but decided to hit my second favorite used bookstore in the world - The Strand.






I was not disappointed there and got a few books:





  •  Saving Ruth by Zoe Fishman 
  • No Safety in Numbers by Dayna Lorentz
  • Free Strand Tote Bag

                         


Along the way, I saw this man, dressed as the devil on the street putting on quite the show - now I knew for sure I was in NYC!!!!






The weather was beautiful - not too hot - just perfect.  I walked back to my hotel which was 1 hour away and it felt  great to get my NYC feet in gear.




One of my favorite views as I looked up!  Beautiful.


Okay, so, as I was coming home on the train, I admitted to Cindy that I decided to do this all again next year - yep, I am going to start saving again for BEA 2013! Cindy pointed out that I vowed that I would NEVER save for anything again so far in advance, but......I just have to :)   I will be changing my BEA counter for 2013 soon.


Stay tune tomorrow for day 2.



4 comments:

Sharon said...

Well so far it sounds great! Makes me want to return, just so I can see that guy in the devil outfit. And as soon as I saw that book you got at the Strand, I knew I had to read it! No Safety in Numbers by Dayna Lorentz SOOOOOO my kind of read....:) please save for me, if it doesnt already have a home...lol
Sharon

bermudaonion said...

I love the city too! Before BEA I wondered if I'd go back next year but I'm ready to start saving again myself. It was great seeing you!

Tina said...

Kathy, It was lovely seeing you again although we did not get to spend more time together :) Looks like I will be seeing you in 2013 LOL


Sharon, the book is yours!

cindysloveofbooks said...

Tina it was a blast spending time with you this past week. I have a whole bunch of posts to do this week.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges