2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, November 3, 2012

REVIEW for A Royal Pain



Thank you to Sourcebooks for sending along a copy of this book for me to read and review!


TITLE:        A Royal Pain

AUTHOR:   Megan Mulry

GENRE:     YA

RATING:    



A Royal Pain  was a cute book.  Its really what I would consider YA chick lit and I did enjoy it. However, this story also did not really stick out to me in any memorable way – as I mentioned the word ‘cute’ probably best describes it.

Perhaps it is because I have never really understood the fascination with anything Royal, but I found Bronte’s interest a little baffling.  Having said this,  I was doubly confused as I got deeper into the storyline where (SPOILER ALERT!!!) Bronte would actually ‘hesitate’ to get into a deeper relationship with Max Heyworth once she discovers that he is indeed a Duke.  

I did enjoy the writing style which was breezy if at times a little longwinded on the details.  This was particularly true, for me, with the opening chapter.

This book was entertaining and I did enjoy it, it simply isn’t one of those books that I will want to re-read and re-read.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I'm not fascinated with royalty either. I'll have to think about this book.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges