2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, June 1, 2013

REVIEW for Cocktail Hour





Thank you to author Tara McTiernan for so kindly sending me an ecopy of her book.


TITLE:          Cocktail Hour

AUTHOR:     Tara Mctiernan

GENRE:        Contemporary /Chick Lit

RATING:       



When I was asked by author Tara McTierman if I would read and review this book, I admit that I was basing my decision, in part, by the fact that I fell in love with the book cover.  Yes, I am one of those people who love book covers and do base my choices, in part at least, on one that attracts me.

The other aspect of this book that pulled me in was the ‘twist’.  What might be, at first glance, a bit of a chick lit storyline (which I love!) has a darker, more dangerous turn thanks to one of the characters who is not really what she appears – in fact, she dedicates her life to discovering the dark secrets of each of the other woman in this group of friends who get together regularly to discuss their lives.

I loved this added dimension to the storyline and, in my believe, this turn added just exactly the right spice to make this book the kind of read you just don’t want to put down.
I am not usually a big fan of ‘alternate’ points of views type writing as I find it hard to follow, but I have to say that McTiernan did a great job of giving each person their very own individuality and their very own voice – all the way cleverly tying all of these women to each other – much to their own dismay in some cases.

Great read.


No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges