2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Thursday, November 21, 2013

REVIEW for Picture Me


I was lucky enough to download this book from NetGalley.


TITLE:                             Picture Me

AUTHOR;                       Lori Weber

GENRE:                         YA

RATING:                    

I am a huge, huge fan of this company and the high-quality books they produce.
James Lorimer & Company publishes timely and important YA novels that I simply wished had been available when I was a young adult.

Picture Me is told in three voices (a method that I normally despise) but I have to say that because of the style of this book, this method worked perfectly - starkly demonstrating to the reader how one event can be interpreted completely differently by 3 separate people.


This book tackles the difficult subject of bullying, but it also takes a look at the contrasting home lives of the three main characters and how each of these YA are building their character, based by both internal and external struggles - in short, everyone has a story and unless you have walked a mile in their shoes, judging them is harsh.


I loved at the way this author tackled the eating disorder storyline particularly, as a catalyst for much of the action, thoughts and emotions in this book.
I loved cringed and devoured this book.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

This is the kind of YA book I love! I, too, wish they'd been around when I was a teen.

cindysloveofbooks said...

How did I not know Lori had a new book coming out? Sounds really good

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges