2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

REVIEW for Searching for Beautiful








Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me an e-copy of this book.

TITLE:              Searching for Beautiful

AUTHOR:         Nyrae Dawn

GENRE:           YA

RATING:         


Okay, I have to admit that I have a love/hate relationship with this book.  While I am completely and totally engaged in the storyline, I find myself getting so irritated at the main character - mainly because she seems completely incapable of sharing ANYTHING with absolutely anybody.

I cannot count how many times I have literally "talked directly to my Kindle" and yelled at Brynn(tastic LOL).  I have gotten myself completely intertwined in her story and now, when she needs to start offloading some of her pain - every sentence is "I want to share, but i can't"  grrrrrr, so frustrating.

It is always a huge sign for me when I get so mad and involved with a main character in a book I am reading - it means I am loving the book, although I admit to not loving Brynn at times.  I am not sure if the author planned on bringing out all these emotions in the reader of if its just me - but wow, its working.

Great, great read.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Brynn sounds like a well written character!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges