2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, June 27, 2014

REVIEW for A Sixteenth Summer (Pulled Under)


Thank you to the people at Simon & Schuster for sending me a copy of this book.

TITLE:                A Sixteenth Summer (Pulled Under)

AUTHOR:           Michelle Dalton

GENRE:              YA

RATING:            3.5 Stars


I was looking for a "fun" book to read and summer approached (if it ever got here!) and when I saw this one I thought "perfect" a summer romance.

While I may not be a YA anymore, I do remember my summers up in our country house and my romances with the boy next door (who has stayed in my life wayyyy past those summers).  How I longed for those wonderful days of sun, summer and budding romance - they were perfect, although at the time, I did not really appreciate the freedom of it all.


With this in mind, I started reading A Sixteenth Summer.  Small town girl Izzy meets city boy Ben and find themselves attracted to each other.  What follows is a cute and romantic story of young love.  However, the part I found the most interesting is how the characters deal with the fact that, at the end of the summer, Ben will be gone.

In fact, I was fascinated by the fact that Izzy acts as though this event will not happen.  She simply chooses to ignore it and instead focuses on the present moment - not a bad thing, if you can do it!

I rated this book a 3.5 because it is a bit typical of your "summer" romance books.  It is an easy, enjoyable read if you are looking for a summer/beach/pool read.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges