2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Thursday, November 12, 2015

LIBRARY LOOT #1 - Week of November 10, 2015




Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.


I don't participate in any of these weekly write ups and when I saw this on my friend Cindy's blog at cindysloveofbooks.com I thought it might be fun to join.

I don't really use libraries as a resource for any fiction because a)  I have read so many ARCs and I am so far into 2016 already with my reading, that finding anything that will catch my eye at my local library (read:  Quebec has horrible libraries)  is practically impossible.   When I do find something interesting, its usually a new release and there are like 3 copies for 30 requests.......

Unfortunately, Quebec is NOT known for having good libraries, however, I do use libraries for non fiction (which I often end up discovering on my many travels through blogs, etc) as well as DVD's and CD's.

This week, I was lucky enough to find:


Chicago PD Season Two, I have already seen this wonderful show, but I wanted to rewatch it.

San Andreas, the Next Megaquake - I am fascinated by earthquakes, so this should be both scary and entertaining.

The Gluten Lie by Alan Levinovitz - In the last year, I have become fed up and very disenchanted with how I eat and have been gravitating towards intuitive eating.  Part of this process, for me, is to better understand the crazy world of diets and of food.  This book was recommended to me.


I hope I find the time to get through all of these as they are all entertaining in their own way!

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

The Gluten Lie sounds very interesting. I love the cover!

cindysloveofbooks said...

Tina I love seeing these kinds of post. I have never seen that show before and I'm not quite sure why since its something I tend to watch

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges