2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, February 1, 2019

BOOK REVIEW for Fat Woman on the Mountain by Kara Richardson Whitely


TITLE:              Fat Woman on the Mountain

AUTHOR:         Kara Richardson Whitely

GENRE:            Memoir


RATING:           5 Stars



I have read all of Kara's books (albeit in the wrong order) and my favorites are definitely the ones where she talks about her adventures, even as a person with excess weight.

I loved reading about her fears, which would not prevent her from training for a climb to Kilimanjaro.

So inspiring and I loved loved her honesty. 

I felt as though I was right with her on her trek, reading actually make me feel dizzy a few times for how realistic it all felt.

Wonderful writing style - just enough information to help you feel as though you were hiking up the mountain as well.

I hope she writes a next book - detailing her next adventure! Very inspiring and I she does not claim that climbing that mountain worked miracles on her weight. In fact, she is honest in saying that she gained 60 pounds back - I am grateful that she is able to open up about this aspect of her life.

More books please.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges