2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

BOOK REVIEW for Blackout Girl by Jennifer Storm


Thank you to the wonderful Hazelden publishing company for sending me an electronic copy of this book to read and review.

TITLE:                 Blackout Girl
AUTHOR:           Jennifer Storm
GENRE:              Memoir
RATING:            4 stars


This is my second time reading this book.  I originally read it when it first came out and was curious to reread it as I did not like it all that much the first time.

Well, I am glad I did.  This second reading made me discover some aspects of Storm's story that I can now appreciate a lot more .

Her depiction of her addictions is harrowing and that is, by far, the best part.  

Once again, the recovery part is the weakest part.  Unfortunately, she makes it all sound so easy....she gets a spiritual awakening almost instantly and that is not necessarily everyone's experience.  I am sure it was super hard, but she makes it sound soooo easy.

The addition to this book is also  not particularly interesting. She speaks in generalities and that deters from the book.

Otherwise, this is a great read.



No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges