2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

BOOK REVIEW for Brat: an 80"s story by Andrew McCarthy

 



Thank you to Hachette Book Group Canada for sending me a hardcover copy of this book to read and review.

TITLE:              Brat: an 80's story

AUTHOR:         Andrew McCarthy

GENRE:            Memoir

RATING:           3 stars

Wow, the only word for this book is "Vanilla".  Either McCarthy has had an uneventful life or he highly cherry picked what he was writing about.


Why do celebrities write memoirs if all they are going to do is give you the "better sides" of them.  I would recommend every celebrity considering a memoir to read Corey Feldman's memoir - now THAT was a memoir loaded with all kinds of difficult conversations.


So, if you reallllllly like McCarthy then I say buy this, but if you don't, this is a library book at best.


BTW its 200 pages with black and white pictures.


I was so sorry that I did not fall in love with this story, McCarthy is a good actor/director and I had high hopes.


No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges