2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, July 2, 2022

BOOK REVIEW for A Shoe Story by Jane L. Rosen

 


Thank you to Berkley for sending me an ebook to read and review.

TITLE:                   A Shoe Story

AUTHOR:             Jane L. Rosen

GENRE:                Fiction

RATING:              4 STARS

I admit that the first chapter was slow moving, but I am so happy that I persisted as this is one of my favorite books of 2022.  Although there is zero similarity (not the same plotline at all) with Bridget Jones Diary, I kept thinking about that one while I was reading - both hit the nail on the head when it comes to be a woman looking for (or not) romance.


Esme our main character is an interesting mix of "I care" and "not very deep" - just like Bridget.  I am not sure if the author deliberately gave her character such opposition, but it worked very well and went a long way to explaining Esme - as a human who gets it right and sometimes doesn't.

The shoes are perfect for representing Esme's core - where she is at on any given day and how her mind is.  

The dog walking gig is the thing that did not really work for me.  I hate having any animals in movies, tv or books because I obsess whether they will be killed off.

I have never had a "thing" about shoes, but I know a bunch of people who do and to them, each and every shoe represents something to them - me, I just grab the closest shoes and hope they match.

The writing is breezy and the pace is really good. While this book is airy, there are a lot of moments where the writing and the character meet, in order to understand life - while wearing glamorous shoes, of course.


No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges