2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, May 6, 2008


  • Title: The Best Day of Someone Else's Life
  • Author: Kerry Reichs
    Release Date: Now available in stores
  • Genre: Chick Lit
  • Rating: 3 stars (Don't bother)

I had high hopes for this newest entry into the 'chick lit' world. Unfortunately, in the last while, chick lit hasn't exactly been breaking records - and I was excited to see a new author in the genre. Although this novel touches on all the standard chick lit fare - weddings, high hopes, love, romance, broken hearts - it just misses the mark. The writing is okay, but the pace is sooo slow.

I knew I was in trouble in the first chapter with a lengthy discussion on weddings, where the interest started, etc. Which has potential for cute - but really only ends up sounding boring and goes on for way too long. After the first chapter dragged, I did not have much hope for the rest of the book and I was right. Nice attempt but either I did not get the point of this story or this chick lit is truly just boring. This is a big pass for me.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges