2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, May 4, 2008


  • Title: Turning Tables
  • Author: Heather and Rose MacDowell
  • Release Date: In stores now
  • Genre: Chick Lit
  • Rating: 5 stars (RUN TO BUY THIS ONE)

For some reason, when I picked up this book I thought it a Memoir - even though the word NOVEL appears right on the cover! Once that got cleared up, I could enjoy the book. I have bemoaning the demise of chick lit lately - but after reading this book, I can say that publishers can still put out some good chick lit once in awhile. The story of a Marketing Exec who ends up waitressing at a higher end restaurant is absolutely delightful. The storyline is engaging, the characters are fun (for the most part) and surprisingly, the storyline is more about the girl getting the job instead of the girl running after the prince. Of course, as in good chick lit, there is a healthy dose of romance, but fortunately, the romance is not corny or too out there. The writing style is fun and I really, really liked this book. Hopefully a sequel will be in the making.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges