2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

REVIEW for Graceling



I would like to thank Raincoast Books for sending this book to me!!!!

TITLE: Graceling
AUTHOR: Kristin Cashore
GENRE: YA/Fantasy
RATING: 4 Stars








Graceling is not the usual type of book that I read, therefore I started it with some hesitation. I usually like my fiction to be set in the present day and Graceling is a fantasy type book! I am sooo happy that I did decide to read this book. While it is aimed at a YA audience, I am far from a YA and I absolutely enjoyed it.

The main premise is of a young girl by the name of Katsa who has "grace" that is she has special strength and skills which are used by her uncle - the King to protect and defend their universe. However, the storyline digs much deeper than this as we follow Katsa through what I have come to consider a "puberty" of sorts - from questionning her "grace" and the role it plays in her life, to asking herself serious questions about her motives for doing what she does.

This novel is full of action and I loved the quick pace. Each page brings another fresh character or another wonderful adventure. However, for me, what worked best was the growing up of the main character as she discovers others who share her powers and more importantly, discovers a very special person who will bring her to question her principles and morals on a very deep level.

This book was an excellent read.

2 comments:

avisannschild said...

I so want to read this book!

Happy Holidays!

Donna said...

Ah! I got this book for my daughter for Christmas...if I'm lucky she may lend it to me!

Have a great new year...see you soon.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges