2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, May 30, 2009

REVIEW for 3 Nights in New York



A big thank you goes out to author Michelle Jackson for sending me a copy of her book!

TITLE: Three Nights in New York

AUTHOR: Michelle Jackson

GENRE: Chick lit/Women's Fiction

RATING: 4 Stars

http://www.poolbeg.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=483

I am a huge fan of chick lit and have read quite a few books that featured the wonderful city of New York at the center of the storyline. In Michelle Jackson's new book - 3 Nights in New York - we find that New York and all its spellbinding attributes is really the true star of the novel.

I have noticed that reading about New York through the eyes of someone who is not American is always quite different! I believe that Jackson is not American and this is quite apparent as she talks and describes the adventures in New York city with an almost reserved awed for the city - which is something I don't usually feel when I am reading a US author. I love this about the storyline - I feel as though I was actually right there, in the middle of the story experiencing the wonderful shopping trips and the spending of $$$$. The whole storyline felt extremely glamorous and made me want to hop the next plane to New York (which is actually not such a stretch for me since I live in Montreal).

I did like the main character(s) in this book, but I have to say that, for me, what truly worked is the perfect chemistry between the author and the description of the New York sites!!! sort of reminded of of Sex and the City, although the characters are great! the main character is the grand lady herself.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges