2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, July 19, 2009

REVIEW for The Caliphate

Thank you to the author for sending me a copy of his book.


TITLE: The Caliphate

AUTHOR: Jack (Mike) Stewart

GENRE: Financial Thriller

RATING: 3 stars






I really enjoy reading thrillers that involve high finance and corrupt CEO - Stephen Frey comes to mind as one of my favorites (most of the time). I was, therefore, thrilled to get the opportunity of reading The Caliphate by Jack Stewart. I have mixed feelings about this book.

The basic premise is good - a CEO who has so much power that he can actually affect the currencies of other countries - this same CEO who has a kidnapped son and is hesitating about contacting the FBI because he is being investigated for fraud. Up to this point, I follow the storyline - but I got completely confused when the author started inserting wayyyyy too much information about currencies and more specifically the functioning of currencies of other countries.

Really, I found myself jumping entire pages because there was way too much information for a layperson who just wants to enjoy a good thriller to understand. I liked the characters and the storyline was fun, but as I mentioned, the whole "financial" aspect felt way over the top for me.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges