2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, August 14, 2009

REVIEW for Chasing Rainbows


Thank you to Poolbeg Press for sending me a copy of this great chick lit!






TITLE: Chasing Rainbows
AUTHOR: Nuala Woulfe

GENRE: Chick Lit

RATING: 4 Stars
Chasing Rainbows is English chick lit - which is always my favorite. Author Nuala Woulfe has written an absolutely funny, funny chick lit that rings true and realistic.
Granted, some of the terms were a little different and I needed to look some of them up - as I am more use to the Canadian/US terms, but this was a minor, minor little hiccup for me. The main character Ali is kind of ditzy, but in a fun and kind way and I absolutely loved all the supporting cast that surrounds her,
particularly her mother who added alot of the enjoyment in this storyline for me.
I also liked the sub-message in this book - keep looking for what it is that makes you truly happy - in other words, keep chasing rainbows and do not become disillusioned.
Chasing Rainbows manages to be both funny AND touching at the same time and is smart chick lit.

3 comments:

Donna said...

It sounds really great, Tina. I like the name of the publisher - Poolbeg Press. Haven't seen that one before!

bermudaonion said...

I agree - British chick lit is the best!

Jillian said...

This looks like a good read! I'll have to add it to my ever-growing reading list ; )

You might also really like a new book called 'Knickles and Dimes'. It has hilarious characters and a really great story. I'd recommend it!

Thanks for the review! : )

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges