2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, September 13, 2009

REVIEW for Celebrity Bride

A big thank you to author Alison Kervin for sending me a copy of her book!





TITLE: Celebrity Bride

AUTHOR: Alison Kervin

GENRE: Chick Lit


RATING: 4 Stars




I love, love the premise of Celebrity Bride. I am sure I am not the only one who wondered what it must be like to be "the chosen one" - that special girl who caught a famous person's eye. Of course, its all very romantic and silly, but it is such fun to think about all the "what ifs". Well Celebrity Bride takes it one step further and gives us a great romantic story involving uber celebrity Rufus George and Kelly Monsoon - just an average girl who catches his eye.

This novel, although unrealistic, was soooo much fun to read. I absolutely loved discovering who our two main characters are (and just how different and yet similar they both are). Its nice to imagine some ordinary girl, with an average everything - getting a taste of the fame and fortune and fortunately, Kelly does NOT turn into this horribly entitled bridezilla from hell. I also liked the Rufus character who is quite charming and a notch above the usual novel-related superstars that are nothing more than spoiled brats who will sleep with everything that moves.

This novel is not about that type of behavior - but rather a comical, touching and fun look at what it is like to be suddenly propelled into the world of the famous. This is a charming, charming read, if a tad slow at the beginning. But I continued reading and things picked up around chapter 3 - and I am quite happy that I did.

This was so much fun and made me just tad jealous of imaginary Kelly and her imaginary love :)


1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

This does sound like a lot of fun. I think we've all dreamed of a chance encounter with a celebrity becoming something more.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges