2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

REVIEW for GROUND ZERO - REPAIRMAN JACK


A big thank you goes out to author F.Paul Wilson for sending me this great novel!




TITLE: Ground Zero

AUTHOR: F. Paul Wilson

GENRE: Thriller

RATING: 4 stars
I have tried to consciously stay away from reading novels on 9/11 - I always, always find them so depressing - everytime I think of 9/11 I always see those horrors come back into my head!

However, I was absolutely intrigued by the fact that F. Paul Wilson would choose to set one of his novels at this tragic time in our history. I am a fan of Repairman Jack so I simply could not pass this one up.

Wilson's premise is actually quite interesting - what if there was actually ANOTHER person masterminding the 9/11 events despite the fact that Al-Qaeda was credited with the act of terror? AND what if another plan was being hatched right now???
With these chilling thoughts in mind, Ground Zero finds our main character Repairman Jack being asked to find Eddie Connell's brilliant sister, who seems to have disappeared. Repairman Jack does eventually find her and he realizes that he is now smack in the middle of the 9/11 events and he will have to move mountains in order to find "the one that got away" before he can mastermind another attack of terror on the world.

This novel is scary, scary and completely plausible in my opinion!!! There is so little that is known about the masterminds behind the plot that I found myself completely buying into the notion that there could have been "another" who actually controlled all the events "from the darkness".

Wilson not only presents a completely plausible alternative, he does so in such a manner that you will not want to put this book down - and you will also find yourself wondering about everyone around you.

I love the way Wilson writes, he moves his story along at a fast pace and his character Repairman Jack is a wonderful character - flaws and you will find yourself cheering for him to find the "bad guy".

I loved, loved this one.

1 comment:

Donna said...

This does sound really scary! Don't know if I could read it - sometimes I like a bit of scariness, just not too much.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges