2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

REVIEW for Larry King My Remarkable Journey













TITLE: Larry King My Remarkable Journey

AUTHOR: Larry King


GENRE: Memoir

RATING: 3 Stars




For some reason, I got on the Larry King memoirs bandwagon. I say this because I am not a Larry King fan. Everytime I watch him, I think "shut up and let your guest answer the question" - which is something I actually think about when I watch Oprah - who frequently asks a questions and then goes on and on about answering it - leaving very little time for the guests to speak up.

I also think that Larry King is kind of boring - both physically and professionally speaking - so I am not certain why I actually got this book - except to say that I seem to have gotten on the bandwagon.

Having said this, his book actually does a fair job of talking about his life, starting with his life before he became an interviewer and, of course, focuses alot on his current life.

I was amazed at the amount of women he has had in his life (gotta ask myself why?) but I do have to admit that he was actually more interesting in his memoir than I thought he would be. He was also extremely candid which was a big plus for me - especially when he talks about the son that he never knew existed until much later in his life.

This book is actually pretty good as far as memoirs goes.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

My mom loves Larry King, so I'll have to look for this for her.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges