2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, September 5, 2009

REVIEW for SECRETS OF ST-JUDE'S - JEALOUS GIRL

A big, big thank you to author Carmen Reid for sending along a copy of this book!




TITLE: Secrets at St-Jude - Jealous Girl

AUTHOR: Carmen Reid

GENRE: YA

RATING: 4 stars


I am an adult who absolutely adores this YA series. I fell in love with these books from the first one in the series and was delighted to read the sequel Jealous Girl. Gina is back at St-Jude after spending some "quality time" with the girls in California - still a little conflicted about where she really wnats to be. Gina is, nonetheless thrilled to be back in Scotland because now she can have an actual date with Dermot and see "her girls".

However, life has plans of its own and as Gina gets to know Dermot better, she starts to wonder if he is the guy for her. On the other hand, the girls all seem to have things happening in their own lives and although they are still close, things are a little different in this second year at St-Judes.

This YA tackles many subjects such as relationships, stalking and taking care of a sick family member and does it in a funny, touching and perfect way.

Carmen Reid writes a story that is totally engrossing and reminded me of my own teen years when the girls in my life were sooooo important.

I loved this book and I can't wait to read the follow up.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges