2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Monday, February 22, 2010

REVIEW for The Secret of Your Name

A huge thank you goes out to Red Deer Press for sending me this great book and CD!




TITLE: The Secret of Your Name

AUTHOR: David Bouchard, Dennis Weber (Art), John Arcan (Music)

GENRE: Children

RATING: 4 Stars

I aboslutely love the books by Red Deer Press. While they are mainly aimed at children, these books are consistently beautifully illustrated and incredibly informative - always of the highest quality and The Secret of your Name is no exception.

This hardcover book actually comes with a CD - and takes an in-depth look at our heritage, mainly exploring the world of the Métis. Frankly, up to the time I read this book, I did not know much about the Métis- which really when you think about it, is a shame as they form such an important part of Canada and its history. Its scary to me that I know more about the history of the US than I know about my own country. The Secret of your Name takes a look at their world, exploring the music, their art and telling us their history - their background.

The illustrations are beautiful - full of rich colors and mesmerizing. The story is told in English and Michif.

What a beautiful book.




1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

The book sounds fantastic! I think a good book is a good book, no matter what the intended age group.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges