2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, February 20, 2010

REVIEW for The Reincarnationist


Thank you to Adam at Harlequin for sending me this book!
TITLE: The Reincarnationist
AUTHOR: M.J. Rose

GENRE: Paranormal Thriller

RATING: 2 Stars
I have read a few of M.J. Rose's books and frankly, this one felt a little off to me, not to mention incredibly slow. While this book is supposed to be a bit of a paranormal thriller with our main character Josh having his mind and thoughts invaded by someone else's thoughts and memories, I found that I just could not get into the whole thing enough to care.
There are references to archeological finds that are supposed to be intertwined with his memories and we do get a bit of a history lesson, but overall, this book was just way too slow for me.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Sorry this didn't work for you. I have to be in the right mood for a slow book.

Anonymous said...

I had the opposite reaction - having read MJ Rose before - I thought this was one of the best of her books. I loved the historical elements and especially the ending.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges