2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, June 25, 2010

REVIEW for Girls in Love

Thank you Nikole! at Scholastic for sending me this book!

TITLE: Girls in Love

AUTHOR: Hailey Abbott

GENRE: YA

RATING: 4 Stars







I have actually read a few of Abbott's books and I am not sure why I don't make a point of following all of her books - especially since anytime I do end up reading one, I thoroughly enjoy it. Granted, Girls in Love is NOT high literature - rather, it is the perfect beach read. I opened this book feeling a little blah and ended up finishing it with a big smile on my face. YA is always fun to read - especially since YA always seem so incredibly melodramatic - which, of course, immediately brings me back to my own "drama" days and Girls in Love is no different.

This book is actually a sequel, but you don't have to worry as you can pretty well pick it up without having read the previous ones. Jessica, one of my favorite characters is the one that I identified the most with - with a relationship with Connor and lots of doubts - courtesy of Lily. Lara who thinks she has been dumped and is doing the "in between" dance and of course Greer who appears to have it all figured out. All of the characters bring their own brand of humor and personality to the storyline to make it a fun read.

This book is breezy, funny, cute and entertaining. Perfect.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Not every book needs to be "high" literature - sometimes I just want to be entertained. It sounds like this book would do just that.

jenny wilson said...

i love books that take the blaah feeling away

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges