2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, July 31, 2010

REVIEW for The Mother of the Bride


















A big thank you to author Kate Lawson for sending me a copy of her great, great book!

TITLE:                    The Mother of the Bride

AUTHOR:               Kate Lawson

GENRE:                 Chick Lit

RATING:                4 Stars

Okay, I have to say that Mother of the Bride is THE perfect chick lit novel - I loved it.


The entire premise is based on a wedding - which may or may not happen actually - and this sets off some of the funniest writing I have read in a long time.

The bride to be - who just happens to "meet" the annoying Oliver - just before she gets married - to her mother and mother in law - both of whom have their own ideas of just how this wedding should go off.

I felt for everyone in this novel - but although the premise is "supposedly" serious, I found myself laughing out loud way too many times. The writing is hilarious and some of the stuff that happens is just plain funny -

I think my favorite character was the mother in law (I love those and the nastier the better).

I loved this book it was a great, great read

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

This sounds like so much fun!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Thankyou for your lovely comment on my blog and I love your review I would love to read this book.
I just ready pretty woman it is a terrific book if you get a chance to read it let me know.Huggies Darcy

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges