2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, August 29, 2010

REVIEW For Lay the Favorite


















Thank you to Random House for sending me a copy of this book.

TITLE:                  Lay the Favorite

AUTHOR:            Beth Raymer


GENRE:               Memoir

RATING:             3 Stars

I was a bit disappointed by Lay the Favorite - although I think it is mainly my fault. For some reason, I thought this book was about gambling addiction - and, while the main author does walk down a slippery slop, for most of the book, this book really is not as much about gambling addiction as it is about the crazyness that can be found in the world of gambling.


This is the author's life experience - though mainly she has worked in the world of gambling and has, in fact, assisted tons of people part with their money.

Some stories are funny, some are sad and some are extremely weird. Makes for some intersting reading at times - but I somehow felt disconnected from the entire story - not sure why, except to say that I was trying to find "a point" to this story and I could not.

The writing was honest but this book did not really engage me.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges