2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Thursday, April 7, 2011

REVIEW for Ask Amy Green Summer Secrets

Thank you Random House Canada for sending me this book.

TITLE:              Ask Amy Green Summer Secrets

AUTHOR:         Sarah Webb

GENRE:            YA

RATING:          3 Stars


This is the second book in the series and as I had read the first one, I was curious to read this second installment.

The premise of the books are cute and fun.  Amy - a very typical teen, finds herself in a blended family with lots of people surrounding her.  She has found "her true love???" and has somehow become a lifeline of advice to others.

As I am typing this, I realize that the main problem I had with this book is that there is, indeed, too much going on at the same time.  It feels as though the author is trying to make her storyline (and her main character) too ecclectic - especially when she literally surrounds her with so many people who basically have their own (weird and at times funny) storylines of their own.

I kept trying to keep the main thread going - that of Amy and Seth trying to be together, but everything else in the storyline just kept getting in the way.

This was not a horrible read, just not as much fun as I would have hoped - although I still do enjoy Amy and her very particular way of thinking and dealing with situations.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

The title's kind of long, isn't it? I don't think I'll look for this one.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges