2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, April 17, 2011

REVIEW for Between a Rock and a Hot Place

Thank you to the wonderful people at HarperCollins Canada for sending me this book.

TITLE:           Between a Rock and a Hot Place

AUTHOR:     Tracey Jackson

GENRE:         Novel

RATING:       4 Stars

I am getting closer and closer to 50, which is, of course, one of the reasons I found myself gravitating to this book. What freaks me out is that it seems as though 50 is coming so quickly - I could swear I was only 30 yesterday!


Having said that, I feel the need to find humour in getting older and I found it, in spades, in this book. Jackson manages to write a book that made me smile at the prospect of being 50 and more! She has a great way of putting things in perspective and even manages to deal with difficult and touchy subjects such as hormone therapy and IBS - it takes some kind of writing to actually make these interesting subjects that I actually want to read about.

I think this book should be read by all women - those nearing 50 or over and those in their 30's - because you will not believe how quickly the years pass, but at least, you can get a chuckle and a laugh out of it, thanks to Between a Rock and a Hot Place.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

You can count me in the over 50 gang. I'll have to try to read this soon.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges