2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Monday, May 14, 2012

REVIEW for Confessions of a Scary Mommy

Thank you to the wonderful people at Simon & Schuster Canada for sending me a copy of this book.


TITLE:                Confessions of a Scary Mommy


AUTHOR:          Jill Smokler


GENRE:              Humor


RATING:  



I always enjoy reading about motherhood, especially if it is done with humour and Confessions of a Scary mommy certainly fits the bill.

First off, I must comment on the size of this book – its quite short which kind of surprised me.  However, it makes sense once you start reading it as this book is actually more a series of anecdotes which delivers itself very well in this very funny book.

I think what I most enjoyed about this book is the fact that the author does not take herself too seriously (not really), although at times, she sure can work herself up into quite a tizz.

I also like that the author is honest about motherhood – the good and the bad.  I have found myself reading books on the subject of motherhood in which the author has gone on and on about the perfection of it all, without once alluding to all those things that make motherhood a little bit more of a challenge.  This author manages to take both sides of the equation and dissect it in a funny and, at times, touching manner that was a real joy to read.

So, the bottom line – if you like to smile after you have read a book, this is the one for you.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

It is refreshing to see the author relating the bad things as well as the good. I get so tired of celebrities going on and on about the perfection of motherhood.

online diploma said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges