2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Thursday, August 9, 2012

REVIEW for Confined Space

Thank you to the wonderful Simon & Schuster Canada for sending me this book.


TITLE:             Confined Space

AUTHOR:        Deryn Collier

GENRE:           Fiction (thriller)

RATING:         

I am so excited! I have discovered a new author and a new favorite character – Deryn Collier and Bern Fortin and, as an added bonus, the story is actually set in Canada!

I have mentioned, in previous posts, how difficult it can be to find good thrillers. In fact, for the most part, I haven’t been reading as many as I use to because, frankly, they all started to blur together for me.  This is certainly NOT the case with Confined Space (a very aptly named title by the way).

Collier has created an imaginative, dangerous, spooky killer who kills and kills again, suddenly appearing in your small town – the town that you were hoping to get away from all the craziness!

This thriller is extremely graphic in nature and does not shy away from telling its story, which I appreciated.  I found myself engrossed and trying to figure out the clues (what little there are of them) to find out, before the author divulges it, who ‘the’ killer really is.

Packed with action, this book was hard for me to put down. I am thrilled to have discovered a new voice in the thriller genre.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I bet that is good - the title alone makes me squirm.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges