2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Monday, January 28, 2013

REVIEW for She's The Boss


Thank you to author Lisa Lim for sending me a copy of her book.


TITLE:               She's the Boss

AUTHOR:          Lisa Lim

GENRE:             Chick Lit

RATING:           


I loved reading Confessions of a Call Center Gal and was thrilled when the author asked me to read the second book in the series.  Actually She’s the Boss is a sequel to the first book with a clever turn – the author has taken one of the more “secondary” characters from her first book – Karsynn (although she was an important part of the first book) and basically tells her story, from her point of view.  I liked this idea very much as it is not often that you get to “discover” a secondary character.

The book situates us  at the call center where everything is moving along just fine for Karsynn, until she meets up with the new director and they immediately clash – about basically everything, considering how “uptight” he is –vs- her live and let live attitude.

The book was a fun read.  I like that Karsynn is a strong character and I like that there is a undertone of "take no crap".  As always, the writing is perfectly timed and there thankfully, Lim  is not one of those author who spends pages and pages on boring details.

Lim can write chick lit that is entertaining and fun and I am thrilled that I got to read this one.


No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges