2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, January 25, 2013

REVIEW for HDU

Thank you to author India Lee for sending me a copy of this book.


TITLE:                 HDU

AUTHOR:             India Lee

GENRE:               Fiction

RATING:             


Can I tell you how much I loved this book?  Yes, the premise is a bit much, but really, which girl hasn’t, at one point or another in her life, hoped to meet a celebrity who would fall in love with them?  Granted, I haven’t had that fantasy in a very long time, but boy, I would have killed to have Keanu Reeves fall in love with me right around the time he was ‘hot’ in Speed LOL.

Let’s face it, this is an exciting premise and I have to say that Liam Brody sounded ‘hot, hot, hot’.  I even love his name, it sounds perfect for a celebrity (sorry going off track here a bit).

Amanda is having a bad year – she has just lost her boyfriend (to her best friend), her apartment, her job (and her mind!).  She is forced to move back in with her parents who live in Missouri, a place she had been dying to get out of.  She also finds herself having to find a job – which is where HDU comes in.  HDU is a nice little job – she gets to be an anonymous moderator on a celebrity site.  She gets to be nasty for a little bit until life and fantasy start to blur.

All of a sudden Liam is no longer just someone she writes about, she is actually ‘in a relationship’ with him and off to New York she goes –to live a make believe fairytale.

As is always the case, life has a mind of its own and what follows was an absolutely charming and entertaining story about two people who may or may not fall in love in a world of make belief or maybe its their reality?
I don’t want to give away too much of the storyline, but I recommend you read this book.  Its funny, entertaining and kind of inspiring in a ‘never going to happen but so fun to think about’ way.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges