2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

REVIEW for This is What Happy Looks Like



Thank you so much to Hachette Canada Book Group for sending me this book.



TITLE:             This is What Happy Looks Like

AUTHOR:       Jennifer E. Smith

GENRE:           YA

RATING:          

I was actually so pleasantly surprised by this novel.  I had not read this author's first book, although I heard tons of great things about it, but I was a bit worried about this one because I feared the writing style would be a bit too "flowery" for me.

I need not have worried as I loved Smith's down to earth writing.  I loved, loved the concept of emails as a bit of a introduction of our main characters Graham and Ellie and I actually thought this story was very sweet.

Its nice to read a bit where the drama is more or less kept to a minimum while the story focuses on developing the main characters so that we, the readers, can engage and grow to love them.

I have to say that I was actually impressed by this one.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I loved the author's first book so I'm really excited about this one. I'm glad to see you loved it!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges