2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, October 13, 2013

REVIEW for The Can't Cook Book (Oh, yes you can!)



Thank you to Simon & Schuster Canada for sending me a copy of this cook book.


TITLE:                The Can't Cook Book (Oh, yes you can!)

AUTHOR:           Jessica Seinfeld

GENRE:               Cook Book

RATING:       


For some reason, I have been reviewing cook books lately (another review on a wonderful book on baking will be up on my site in November) - I am thinking that this is a sign that I need to get better at the whole cooking/baking thing LOL.

The Can't Cook Book is perfect for me because I am domestically challenged and cannot cook - I simply can't do it! so I was excited to read the title of this book - its me!!!

The cook book is wonderful - it truly starts from point A and all the basics from how to chop and dice to what kind of "tools" you need.  The "how to" section is great and comes with pictures - I loved it.

The Recipe section is divided and well detailed.  Each recipe is extremely clear and easy to follow from Suculent Lemon-Thyme (she loves this spice!) Salmon to Roasted Brussel Sprouts this book is excellent for anyone who wants to learn to cook.  It may be a tad too basic for those of you who have been cooking for a while, but there are still a ton of recipes to choose from so you might find something you like.

I made the Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts and the Sauteed Spinach and Garlic and both were really, really good.

There are pictures in this cook book and it is oversized although not glitzy or glamorous like other cook books I have seen.

The only negative - no nutritional information (I can't believe there are none) and the cover - I hated the cover.

Having said that however, I loved this book.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...


This sounds terrific even without the nutritional information. It sounds like it would make a great shower gift.

The Birch Bark said...

So whatcha bringing for lunch next week? The pressure is now on! LOL

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges