2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

REVIEW for All Fall Down


Thank you to the wonderful people at Simon & Schuster who offered me an e galley of this book.

TITLE:               All Fall Down

AUTHOR:          Jennifer Weiner

GENRE:             Contemporary Fiction

RATING:            

I have read all of Weiner's books and frankly, I was getting upset at the direction her books were taking - another author who has "jumped off" the chick lit boat.

I take it all back after reading All Fall Down. Wow! this book is touching and left me with such a strong impression. I knew I would love it from the very first words ....and I knew that I loved the plot of this one - addiction and what it can do to a "normal" woman who has a life that is simply overwhelming her.

Written with tenderness and a harsh reality, this book was a must read that is extremely difficult to read. I love how Weiner takes the every day and shows us how things can be hurtful in an "every day manner".

I can't say this book was entertaining because its such a difficult topic, but I will say that it was completely engrossing.

Additionally, I have to speak up and say that while Weiner's books are ALL excellent, I do miss her more light hearted books like Good in Bed, where the writing was lighter but still carried a message.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I've only read one of her books. It didn't wow me so I haven't gone back for more. I guess I need to give her another try.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges