2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Monday, July 21, 2014

REVIEW for Ice Shear



Thank you to the wonderful people at HarperCollins Canada for sending me a copy of this book.

TITLE:            Ice Shear

AUTHOR;      M.P. Cooley

GENRE:         Mystery

RATING:       

For those who read this blog regularly, you know that I am not a big fan of mysteries, rather, I prefer the thriller/legal genre, however, I have to admit that when I saw this book (and yes!!!! the cover was at least 50% of the reason I wanted to read it) I felt that I could not pass this one up.

Set in NY state with a witty, entertaining and SMART main character by the name of June, this mystery turned out to be a well written, well crafted book.

June has had to make some tough choices and thanks to these choices, she is back in her home town.  She finds herself the low man on the totem poll walking a beat.  Until she ends up smack in the middle of a murder that takes on larger than life status.

Dealing with her personal issues, as well as cops who don't like her (or her retired police officer dad), she must find the murderer.

I love how the author makes June so smart and strong.  She definitely made the whole book for me and I was rooting for her.  The plot is well crafted and I love some of the "detours" the author took, but, for me, this book was all about June.

Smart, fast paced and well written.

2 comments:

The Birch Bark said...

So you have come over to my side of the street for a change! This actually sounds like my kind of book. I love mystery/suspense/thriller stories with a bright and sometimes quirky female lead.

bermudaonion said...

This sounds like a real page turner!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges