2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

MY TOP TEN TV SHOWS


Yes, I know this posted on Wednesday, so work with me here okay LOL

A few people around the blogger sphere have been doing Top Ten Tuesday and this week it features your top ten tv shows, so I thought it would be fun to participate.

Finding my top ten TV shows was actually harder than I thought it would be.

TV shows I watch religiously


  1. 24 - The newest abbreviated version of a season just ended, but this one is a top favorite when it is actually in production LOL.  Kiefer Sutherland nails the character of Jack Bauer perfectly;
  2. The Blacklist - this is a new show - the first season just ended but, wow!!!! this show has me on the edge of my seat ALL the time and you never know what they are going to do.  They are never afraid to do something that will alter the direction of the show.  ANDDDDD damn it, is Red really Lizzie's father??? its driving me crazy.
  3. Mom - this is also a new show and for some reason, was on the bubble as a possible cancellation.  Really??? this show is fantastic and the two leads are terrific.
  4. Under the Dome - another new show that I find captivating.  Yes, it does move at a verrrryyy slow pace, but I like the premise.
  5. Bates Motel - Terrific, terrific, terrific.  The actors are amazing and the setting is creepy as hell.
  6. The Good Wife - I was starting to drift off this show in season 3, but it has really bounced back and anything with Chris Noth in it gets my attention.
  7. The Mentalist - yes, I felt very let down by the conclusion of the "Red John" story arc, but no matter, Simon Baker IS the show and now, we have a whole different ball game between him and Lisbon.
  8. Big Bang Theory - this show feels old and new at the same time.  The casting of Mayim Bialik as Amy Farrah Fowler was genius - made me want to keep watching.
  9. Law & Order, SVU - Mariska Hargitay is a strong, independent, fifty something lead actress, who is not model thin with no brain in her head.  SVU is the terrific show it is because of her.
  10. Storage Wars - yep, my guilty pleasure.
I also want to mention a few TV shows that I loved and that I feel were cancelled wayyyyyyy too early.

  • Breakout Kings - A&E really screwed up when they cancelled this series.  It was high octane fun.
  • The Cleaner - another show on A&E that got cancelled.  For some reason, A&E keeps putting on ridiculous reality shows like the horrible Duck Dynasty (can you say redneck???) and they cancel shows like The Cleaner which actually had a story to tell about addiction (guess that is just too much reality in the end)
  • Medium - grrrrrr.  This show was wonderful and not only did they cancel it, they gave the viewers a horrible, horrible series finale that was so bad, I actually reviewed it on this blog.
Well, that's about it.  I am looking forward to the new TV season.  Patricia Arquette (Medium) will be back with another series called Cyber and Madame Secretary looks like it might be good.

4 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Yes! Love Under the Dome and The Good Wife!

The Good Wife is actually my top fave!

Come see my list!

PS & BTW - Hi Tina!

bermudaonion said...

I've heard of quite a few of those but haven't seen any of them. I am out of it!

Tina said...

Wall-to-wall books, I love your lists! we have a few in common indeed.

Sharon said...

Ummmmm, what about our favorite brothers......the Winchesters? Lol

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges