2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Sunday, September 10, 2017

REVIEW for Lessons from the Prairie by Melissa Francis





















TITLE:            Lessons from the Prairie

AUTHOR:      Melissa Francis

GENRE:         Memoir/Self Help

RATING:          



I loved, loved Melissa's first book, even though I have never seen one episode of Little House on the Prairie. Her honesty, her humor came through in her first book and coupled with an interesting life story, I could not put it down.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for this one. Yes, her trademark down to earth writing style and her humor are very present, but she lost me with the "life lessons". For me, what worked best about this book are the passages where Melissa talks about her youth or when she speaks about her day to day life today - anything in between was, to me, boring.

I know the book was about Life Lessons, but I was hoping these would be minimal - which is not the case.

I think this book would please many, many readers, but it is not for me. I think I will go back and re-read her first book.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges