2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, July 24, 2009

REVIEW for Cemetery Dance

A big thank you to Miriam at Hachette Books for sending me this great novel!









TITLE: Cemetery Dance

AUTHORS: Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

GENRE: Thriller


RATING; 4 Stars



I actually discovered authors Preston and Child in a bit of an off way.

From 2001 to 2005, I owned a used bookstore (with a pretty big inventory) and I had so many of my clientele asking me if I had any books written by these two that I thought it was high time that I discovered what all the fuss was about.

I read "The Relic" and I was hooked - which is kind of interesting because I usually like my thrillers, for the most part, to be pretty straightforward and down and gritty, but with anything written by Preston and Child, I found myself salivating at the thought of reading their stuff!

Cemetery Dance is another absolute winner in the "this book is bizarre and I can't figure out how its gonna end - but I love it, love it" category. Indeed, we find an "old" "friend" returning from "The Relic" - who will be killed by someone who is already dead! Enter Police Officer Vincent D'Agosta and FBI Agent Aloysius Pendergast who make it their mission to find out how a dead man, could have possibly murdered - and this time its personal - as the murder victim was a personal frined of D'Agosta!


It is difficult to write this review without giving away any of the "wow" moments and, believe me, there are many in this book.

This storyline has twists and turns and I found myself saying, on many occasions, "I can't believe that just happened". These two authors have a way with spinning a story that gives me the chills - everything and I do mean everything is possible with them.

I really loved this book - its exciting, supernatural and creepy. LOVED IT.


1 comment:

Donna said...

Great review, Tina! You sold me on the book, I'm going to add it to my TBR list.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges