2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, July 25, 2009

REVIEW for Access Denied

Thank you to Little, Brown Young Readers for sending me a copy of this book.








TITLE: Access Denied

AUTHOR: Denise Vega

GENRE: YA

RATING: 4 Stars




Access Denied is the second book in the series, but fortunately, you do not have to have read the first book to get up to speed. Eric Swift had a rough school year, I mean how would you feel if everyone got to read your private blog - I mean, everyone at your high school (and probably other high schools as well). Well, this year she is determined to have "the" best year. She is surrounded by her friends, her cute and cool "ex" as well as a bit of a mystery thrown in - Erin has a new "locker" partner and this girl is everything Erin is not (i.e. cool). This is, no doubt, why Erin is drawn to her - but Erin will find herself having to make some tough choices this year - or risk being the center of attention once again.

I am am adult who enjoys reading YA and this book was extremely entertaining. As I read it, it brought me back to how absolutely angst-ridden being in high school can be. Every little thing seems like a major life choice and I have to say that Erin has a knack for finding herself in some ackward situation to say the last. I liked that this book was NOT all about sex, sex and more sex, but rather about a young girl who is trying to find her way and is trying to fit in, without compromising her principles (too much anyway).

There are some seriously funny passages, as well as some more touching and deep messages to all YA. I really enjoyed this one


No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges