2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Thursday, November 12, 2009

REVIEW for The Rules of Popularity


A big, big thank you goes out to Arrow Books for sending me a copy of The Popularity Rules.







TITLE: The Popularity Rules

AUTHOR: Abby McDonald

GENRE: Chick Lit

RATING: 4 Stars
The Popularity Rules is a fun, chick lit read. I basically zipped through it in two evenings and thoroughly enjoyed it. This book starts off with a fun list of "if you want to be popular rules" - which made me laugh because, honestly, this list pretty well says it like it really is! if you want to be popular you can't be nice. This is the spring board for the rest of the book.
Featuring two main characters - Lauren and Kate - who have many things in common, but have taken different paths - with very different views of what life should be (based on "the" rules).
This novel really does explore (beneath all the fun writiing) the topic of "fitting in" -vs- being your own person and this is a theme that you will through the entire book.
I really enjoyed this chick lit with a message and thought the author did a great job!

3 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Yea!!! Sounds great, fun! Thanks!

bermudaonion said...

This does sound like a great book. I recently read a memoir which kind of explored the same theme, and it really made me think.

Linda Nguyen said...

If you want to be popular, you can't be nice? O_o No wonder I've never been popular. Haha. Chicklit isn't my thing, but this book sounds fun. =)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges