2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

REVIEW for Kissing Frogs in Cyberspace

I am very happy to be part of this virtual book tour for Dianne Sweeney. You can check out her website at:

http://www.diannesweeney.com/

TITLE: Kissing Frogs in Cyberspace

AUTHOR: Dianne Sweeney

GENRE: Memoir/Humor

RATING: 4 Stars


When I first discovered this book, I wasn't sure what to make of it - especially since it felt as though it might hit home a bit for me - did I really want to "go there?" I am happy that I did. This book is witty, brutally honest, scary and fun, fun, fun to read. As the author details each of her "dating" experiences, you are reminded just how difficult and challenging it can be to find that special someone and in this case, she certainly had her share of frogs - wow! At times, I wondered how one person could hit upon so many frogs. Some of the stories were hilarious and some were sad - regardless, the author managed to keep her sense of humor about the whole experience and it was wonderful to read about a woman who refuses to give up - despite her experiences that were less than thrilling. Funny, funny book that will make you think about your own relationships and how you deal with the men in your life. It also made me feel slightly depressed about how many frogs are really out there - especially since these frogs think they are such princes - makes me wonder how we can all be so far apart on our thinking. The writing is entertaining and captivating - the only negative comment I have is that sometimes, the stories are too short - while I am not a big fan of lots and lots of details, I think these stories, at times, could have used a bit more.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

This does sound like a fun book! It makes me glad I'm past that part of my life.

cindysloveofbooks said...

Sounds like a good book Tina. I don't know if I would want to be that position now. It seems like its getting harder and harder to find someone.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges