2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

THE BEST ROOM in MY MAKE BELIEVE HOUSE


I live in a big city - in a cute, but small apartment with a great view of the St-Lawrence River. I am sure that, if you are like me, you have certainly taken some time to think about what the "perfect reading room" would look like - if you could create it yourself!


Well, mine would, of course, be full of lovely books. Old and dusty ones with a lot of history - as well as new ARCS. I find that I am a lover of all books, but I do have a tendency to lean towards those "antique" books - especially if they look like they have a backstory of their own to tell me.


There would also be tons and tons of shelves (kind of goes without saying), made of old wood - that would have been taken from an 'old time' bookstore and let's not forget the sliding ladder that has always totally impressed me. I would also love a wing chair (preferebly green) with an ottoman and a little side table to put my books, my journal and my ever present cup of tea!


The room itself would have windows, although NOT bay windows and, the most important part - the recessed lighting! I love, love all those pictures you see showing those old fashioned libraries that has subdued lighting - so romantic and fits in perfectly with my vision of the BEST ROOM in the house.

I have managed to find the best place to buy
Recessed Lighting.

Now I need to find a place that is located in the middle of nowhere, where all you see are deer and fields). As I stare out that window, I can imagine seeing my little deer friends, strolling through a gentle snow fall - while I feel all comfortable and snug inside - reading my beloved books). Wow! What an imagination I have :)


5 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Ha! Tha is awesome! I will have to look for mine. but it would probably be very similar to yours.
Oh my gosh! i just remember this book - hmmm, boy I can't remember the name, I'll have to do some research. It was different people's book rooms or libraries, very nice book. If I can fine it I will come back.

Wall-to-wall books said...

AHH I just found it! Here is the amazon link - http://www.amazon.com/At-Home-Books-Booklovers-Libraries/dp/0517595001/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272469159&sr=1-5

Its called - At Home with Books: How Booklovers Live with and Care For Their Libraries. Its a great book!

bermudaonion said...

Wouldn't it be nice to afford such luxury?

Tina said...

Thanks for the link Wendy - I am going to check out the book.

avisannschild said...

Love that library! I want one too! (Although I thought you didn't like to keep books? Is that only because you live in a small place?)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges