2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

REVIEW for Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters


















As always, I am so grateful to Nikole at Scholastics for sending me this book!

TITLE:                  Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters

AUTHOR:            Natalie Standiford

GENRE:               YA

RATING:             4 Stars

I have heard some great things about this author so I was incredibly enthused to read her book.  I was not disappointed in the least.

The storyline is both clever and entertaining - wherein the grandmother of the family, who just hapens to "hold" the $$$ in the family announces to her family, the Sullivan Sisters included, that she will make sure none of them inherit a dime - unless the person who is guilty of offending her - apologizes in writing before New Year's Eve.  Considering grandma is dying and its Christmas - the pressure is on.

I loved the way this book develops - while we are discovering just how dysfunctional this family truly is, we also get some great insights on the Sullivan Sisters - which is done with a hefty dose of humor and some "mystery" thrown in. 

I thought the book had excellent pacing and told its story very, very well - without giving away too much early on - making me guess, for a good part of the book just who the guilty party truly was.

The interactions between the characters was both touching and funny - at times mixing the two together and I loved, loved the fact that all of a sudden the Sullivan Sisters no longer have all that much focusing on "material" things - as they try to make it all work out - one Gucci bag at a time.

Loved it.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges