2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

REVIEW for Not that Kind of Girl


















Another big thank you goes out to Nikole for being so kind :)

TITLE:                      Not That Kind of Girl

AUTHOR:                 Siobhan Vivian

GENRE:                    YA

RATING:                  3 Stars

Reading this book was an intersting experience for me, especially since I kind of identified with the main character, Natalie Sterling.  While this may be a good thing, the problem was that I identified with the negative traits of the character - mainly that she liked to control people and situation.  Yep, that is kind of me - although I am happy to say that I have mellowed out somewhat over the years :)  Yet, reading about it, from the other persepctive is kind of an eye opener.

I must say that I also felt sorry for Natalie as it is obvious that the need to control is based on insecurity and fear - both of which she ends up having to come face to face with and consists of a major part of the book.

While I liked the main storyline, I did not really like the pacing of this book.  Its pretty slow, which, for me, is always the kiss of death.  I need to feel totally engaged in the book -kind of not wanting to put it down and this was just not the case for me.  In fact, at times, I felt as though I was forcing myself to finish the book - even trying to figure out how many pages were left - not a good sign.


No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges