2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

REVIEW For Falling is Like This


















Thank you to the author for sending me a copy of her book!

TITLE:            Falling is Like This

AUTHOR:      Kate Rockland

GENRE:        Novel

RATING:       3 Stars

Falling is Like This is kind of my fantasy book - with a main character who gets to live out a fantasy that almost every young woman (including myself)has had at one time or another in their lives - what it would be like to actually be the girlfriend of your favorite rock star.


The premise of this book was great - in fact, this book surprised me because it has so many little detours and hidden messages about life and how to live it in the now - all the while appreciating what you have in your life.

However, for some reason, the book just did not do much for me either way - which is kind of a bad sign, when it comes to my love of reading. I have to attach myself to a book in order to really and truly enjoy it and it did not happen with this book.

I am not sure if its the writing style which kind of felt stiff to me - or if its the pacing, but although I did get through the book, I found myself having to push myself to get it done.

2 comments:

cindysloveofbooks said...

I absolutely love the cover. Tina I will be looking for this now.

bermudaonion said...

I'm past fantasies like that, so I don't think this book would be for me either.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges