2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

REVIEW for Fallout


















Thank you to the wonderful people at Simon & Schuster for sending me this book!

TITLE:                     Fallout

AUTHOR:                Ellen Hopkins

GENRE:                   YA
RATING:                 3 Stars

I have heard some excellent things about this author and was looking forward to reading her bok Fallout - especially since the subject matter (addiction and its fallout) is close to my heart!

Firstly, I have to say that I was highly intrigued by this premise - the author follows up, with Fallout, on her previous books Crank and Glass - both of which detail the lives of Hunter, Autumn and Summer and their mother Kristina!  I found it completely fascinating to read about the now "grown up" children of an addict - especially since the author made a point of showing us just how addiction affected each and every child - differently and yet in the same way.  So, from this point of view, this book worked for me.

However, what I had a problem with and truly, this is MY problem and not the author's is the writing style.  I just could not get use to is at all.  I was dying for complete sentences and paragraphs, however, I have learned that this author does not write in this manner.  Unfortunately, I just could not get my head around this style and it seriously detracted from the storyline for me!

However, having said this, I also know that many, many other people truly loved this book - so really, its more about me than about the story here I think :(

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges