2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Saturday, December 18, 2010

REVIEW for William and Kate, A Love Story


















Thank you to Simon & Schuster for sending me a copy of this book.

TITLE:                 William and Kate, A  Love Story

AUTHOR:           Christopher Andersen


GENRE:               Biography

RATING:             3.5 Stars

Although I have never been a huge fan of the Royal family, I have to say that I did admire Diana and, throughout the years, I have made a point of keeping tabs on how her sons were doing.


In fact, I always felt that William was somewhat fascinating and it always amazed me how he seemed to have such a strong relationship with Charles – the man who basically made his mother’s life on earth a living hell.

Having said that, I admit that I, obviously, was not privy to the ‘insider’ information and should probably not judge, but I was praying that William would turn out more like his mother and a lot less like his father (physically and otherwise).

Thankfully, William seems to be quite down to earth and I was happy to discover that he chose NOT to be the philandering ‘future prince’ – constantly making certain that he and his antics show up in the press.

I was also very happy to hear about his upcoming nuptials and when I was asked to review William and Kate, the Love Story, I happily did so.

Firstly, this book is incredibly well researched and it is obvious that the writing was done by someone who has more than just a passing interest in the subject matter. All too often, a ‘cheesy’ book will be hastily put together in order to capitalize on the splash of ‘publicity’ (15 minutes of fame?) but this is not the case here.

The author takes us meticulously through the Kate and Will story – with the good and the bad and did a wonderful job of putting the readers in the moment – making us feel as though we were sharing in on some confidences.

I also enjoyed the pictures in the book – many of which I had never seen before.

Although I am sure this book will not be the only one covering Will and Kate, I have no doubt that it will be considered informative AND entertaining.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges